Introduction of RST Health Centre
Enjoy and achieve
Make a positive contribution
Achieve personal well-being
- Ms. Joy Melisande Balcita, RN, MAN, PhD- NeD, Head of Health Centre
- Mrs. Luckana (Jon) Rowe, RN, Prep School Nurse
- Ms. Napasorn (Koy) Krob-udom, RN, Pre-Prep School Nurse
- Mrs Penelope Dunn, Day Matron, NZRN, Day Matron
Health Centre staff will provide the following service:
- Non-emergency services, physical assessment, first aid, primary medical care, pupil medication administration, counseling and advice for general illness and minor injuries.
- Emergency services requiring medical treatment or intervention.
- Observation/resting in the Health Centre
- Referral service for advanced treatment
- Providing first aid cover for school sports events, such as sports days, swimming gala and making appropriate arrangements.
- Health Centre staff have a responsibility to be involved in monitoring student vaccination programmes according to the national vaccine regime and also give advice to parents or guardians accordingly.
- Head lice checking
- Body temperature checks for all students in the morning as required as a screening method.
- Monitoring of environmental and sanitation conditions.
- Coordinate basic First Aid and CPR training program for staff and teachers.
- Provide information and education to promote good health for pupils and staff.
- Health education for staff that leads to healthy role modelling for pupils.
- Provide health services that comply with permission given in the RST Medical Form and in accordance with the Health Centre staff’s professional judgement.
- Personal hygiene care.
- Maintain family and community partnership that supports pupils’ health and academic achievement.
- Support injured pupils and staff to promote good recovery and prevent complications.
- Provide medical equipment for injured pupils and staff as required, in order to promote good recovery and prevent complications.
Health Centre Location
Ground Floor Oval Prep
Ground Floor Veraphan Building
Ground Floor Webb Ellis Centre