This term we’ve unveiled our brand new tennis courts, along with a world-class coaching programme run by Paradorn Srichaphan (former #1 tennis player in Thailand and #9 world ranking), and Jed Gould (former Australian #1 Junior tennis player, 20 years tennis coaching experience in Australia).
High-quality porous tarmac
Our four new courts are constructed from a traditional hard court surface material, known as the painted porous macadam surface. Our new court surface is constructed from the same material that is used at the Australian Open. Favoured as a middle ground, it allows for faster play than clay courts, but remains slightly slower than grass, and is often described as offering a true bounce. The court is designed to lower impact on the joints and lower limbs, making it ideal for well-paced tennis matches and training.
Spectacular floodlit courts
RST’s courts feature a state-of-the-art innovative lighting system, powered with a high stability output. Our LED floodlit courts offer players high efficiency and high power from precise lighting and directional aim. Featuring a built-in anti-glare system, players are able to play and train undisturbed throughout the evening.
Professional tennis academy
Paradorn and Jed will oversee our new coaching programme – within what is known as the ‘PJ Tennis Academy’ – and will pay regular visits to RST. Every coach working for the academy will be of international standard. We currently have Igor Trachenko here, who has been coaching directly for Paradorn Srichaphan at his International Tennis Academy in Hua Hin. Igor is working with pupils from aged 3 years up to elite level.
Expert coaching, from award-winning tennis players
Khun Varunya Wongteanchai (Yuyii)
Rugby School Thailand is proud to announce that we offer world-class coaching from one of Thailand’s top tennis players – Khun Varunya Wongteanchai (Yuyii). Khun Yuyii boasts a record of awards from her time playing in various tournaments. Dedicated to the sport, she strives for success and teaches extraordinary tennis skills that will last a lifetime. For a glimpse into her success, see the below list.
- Winner Women’s Single under 18 Thailand King Cup 2011
- Winner Women’s Single Thailand King Cup 2012
- Winner Women’s Doubles $10,000 Indonesia 2014
- Winner Women’s Single Singha tatp tour Impact tennis academy 2014
- Winner Women’s Doubles $10,000 at Ramagardent Hotel 2014
- Winner Women’s Doubles $15,000 at True Arena Huahin 2017
- Winner Women’s Doubles $15,000 at the lawn tennis association of Thailand 2017
- Winner Women’s Doubles $25,000 Pune, India 2017
Igor Trachenko has been coaching for Paradorn Srichaphan in Hua Hin at the Paradorn International Tennis Academy. He works with students aged 3 years to elite level. He is Russian, and also speaks English fluently and a little Thai. He has completed a degree is sports science, majoring in sports management. His tennis profile is as follows:
- National Top 10 player in Russia as a junior player
- Top 20 ranked Russian junior Under 18.
- Thai National junior ranking top 10 in Under 14 and Under 16.
- Winner of 80 competitions/tournaments
- Champion of Siberia and Far East juniors and seniors
- 8 years coaching experience in Russia and Thailand”