Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
On overview of our policies and procedures is as follows:
We are a selective school and focus upon assessing three key areas:
- Academic ability and potential.
- Talents and potential in other fields, such as sport, music, drama and art.
- Qualities of character.
Whilst a minimum academic standard and a minimum level in English will have to be met by all Prep and Senior School pupils, strengths in any one of the three key areas may lead to the offer of a place.
Our International Mix
At all times we aim to have an international mix of 50:50, Thai children to other nationalities. The school curriculum will be conducted in English, with English as an Additional Language (EAL) support, if required.
Firstly, please complete, sign and return the Application Form, together with the (non-refundable) Application Fee of THB 5,000 for each child, to our Admissions Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Application Form and any supporting documents should be completed in (or translated into) English. Scanned copies, or good quality photographs, are acceptable. Please complete a separate Application Form form for each child.
Our Admissions Department will acknowledge each application and contact you to arrange for your child(ren) to sit our assessment tests (see below) and have an interview.
Applicants will then be invited for an age-appropriate assessment:
Nursery – Reception entry (ages 2-4)
- Pupils will meet with teachers in small groups to determine attainment of age-related language and developmental milestones, followed by a discussion with parents/guardians
Year 1 and 2 entry (ages 5-6)
- Children will meet with a teacher for a one-to-one assessment which will consider, as well as developmental progress and social skills, literacy, numeracy and reasoning. A discussion with parents/guardians will follow.
Year 3 to 8 entry (ages 7-12)
- Children will be assessed in literacy, numeracy and reasoning skills. They will be interviewed to establish their broader interests and character. Where appropriate in respect of ‘key area 2’, further assessment may take place.
Year 9 – 12 (ages 13-16)
- Pupils will be assessed academically either through consideration of formal Public Examination results, or through assessment in numeracy, literacy, reasoning and such other specific subjects as may be required. They will be interviewed to establish their broader interests and character. Where appropriate in respect of ‘key area 2’, further assessment may take place.
Following the assessment, parents/guardians will be informed either that:
a) The entry requirements have been met and a place is to be offered, or
b) The entry requirements have been met, but that no places are available and so the pupil’s name is to be added to the waiting list, or
c) In order to make a final decision, further information is required – perhaps in respect of English skills or special educational needs, or
d) The entry requirements have not been met, and so no place can be offered at this stage.
In order to secure a place once offered, parents/guardians must, within the time period set out in the offer letter, complete and return the Acceptance Form, together with all supporting documentation and the non-refundable Acceptance Fee of THB 150,000 and THB 75,000 refundable Deposit for each child.